Protecting Your Privacy
- Take proper precautions to protect against and prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal data and information;
- To refrain from sharing, selling or allowing any type of access to your data by any third party, excluding Golf Groupings for marketing or promotional use;
- Protect any sensitive information entered in to our application both online and offline;
- Use encryption techniques, where applicable, to further protect any data entered into our application by our users;
- Refrain from granting access to any personal information to any employee of Golf Groupings for any purpose other than when absolutely necessary to perform a certain job related task.
Data Collected From Users
In order to operate Golf Groupings and provide our users with products and services that may be of interest, Golf Groupings may collect personal information or demographic information about our members. Golf Groupings does not collect or retain personal or demographic information from anyone under the age of 18 because Golf Groupings requires all users to be at least 18 years of age to register.
Golf Groupings may use your email address and other personal information to communicate with you regarding your activity on the site. Golf Groupings may also review all demographic data of its users and use said information to tailor our site and communications to your interest.
Golf Groupings allows users to post offers and requests for golfing tee times or golfing partners for single golfers. This will often include itineraries or a location where a user intends to golf. Any information posted by a registered user will be viewed as posted with consent and therefore disclosure of such information is not a privacy violation. Golf Groupings users must be mindful of the content they post and understand that once content of any kind of is posted in the public forum Golf Groupings provides for its members the content is viewable by other Golf Groupings members. This, however, does not include any and all data provided to Golf Groupings as part of any registration process associated with using the application. Examples of data that will be considered as having consent to share include, but are not limited to:
- Data you submit through the application to arrange golf outings;
- Any review, comments or questions posted through Golf Groupings; and
- Any other content provided by the user through any part of the Golf Groupings website.
Use of Data Collected
Golf Groupings will use and process the information entered by users and collected during the registration process and any and all information posted on the public forum in Golf Groupings. This data will be used in the following ways:
- To improve the Golf Groupings website for its users;
- To identify additional programs or applications that may be desirable to users of Golf Groupings;
- For the marketing purposes of Golf Groupings, such as to identify companies to advertise through the application;
- To communicate administrative or technical assistance information to users;
- To investigate disputes between members or complaints by members using the application; and
- To operate the Golf Groupings website and optimize its performance in ways that are beneficial to users.
Linking Through Golf Groupings
Golf Groupings may contain and/or display content from other websites. Golf Groupings is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any such website. Golf Groupings selects linked websites based upon products, services or information that we believe will be of interest to our users, however, Golf Groupings is not responsible for the content of such websites.
Golf Groupings may share information about users with advertisers, businesses, partners, sponsors, investors and other similar parties. Golf Groupings will only share aggregate information about users and will not share information about specific individual visitors without express consent. Any information provided by a user to an advertiser, business, partner, sponsor or investor of Golf Groupings will be construed as being done with the user's consent. Once a user leaves the Golf Groupings site, the user is responsible for his or her activities and the security of his or her personal data. Users will not, at any time, be asked to provide specific personal data to an advertiser, business, partner, sponsor or investor of Golf Groupings. Such information sharing will only be done by the user and at the user's own risk.
Data Disclosure To Third Parties
Golf Groupings may share information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors or other third parties; however, this is only demographic type information. No user-specific information will ever be shared with the above referenced parties without your express written consent.
There are certain circumstances under which we may be required to disclose data about you, as a user of the Golf Groupings website. You also have the right, at any time, to request full disclosure of all data being used and/or stored about you by Golf Groupings. We may disclose your data, without additional consent to vendors and services providers who are working on behalf of Golf Groupings in response to legal requests such as Court Orders and subpoenas; in connection with a merger, bankruptcy or sale/transfer of the assets of Golf Groupings to another company; and to protect the rights of Golf Groupings and/or the general public. Data will also be released to any party you designate, if such designation is done in writing and bears your signature to indicate your consent to the disclosure.
Golf Groupings will retain user data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for business purposes or in accordance with the record retention policy of the state of Maryland.
Golf Groupings is a United States based website. As an international user you are hereby agreeing to allow Golf Groupings to apply the same privacy, data storage and data disclosure policies as those which apply to US based users.
If you have further questions about this policy or other specific privacy concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.